Articles & Presentations
The following articles and presentations are presented to visitors for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice.
- Final Opinion and Order, Karen Morgan, Petitioner, vs. Jackson County, Respondent, and Larry Perkett and Susan Perkett, 15 Intervenors-Respondents, LUBA No. 2017-053, Before the Land Use Board of Appeals of the State of Oregon, September 22, 2017
- Industrial Use of Drones: What's In The Works?
- RLUIPA - Federal Laws Affecting Land Use, ABA State And Local Government, Mid-Year Meeting, Miami, Florida, February 1-2, 2017
- Letter from the U.S. Department of Justice, Civil Rights Division, regarding the obligation of public officials to comply with RLUIPA, December 15, 2016
- Religious Land Issues - Federal Laws, Regulations, and Programs Affecting Local Land Use Decision-Making, American Bar Association 2015 ABA Annual Meeting, July 30th, 2015, Chicago, IL
- Comprehensive Planning Non-Conforming Issues - Update on Planning, Land Use, and Eminent Domain Decisions, American Bar Association 2015 ABA Annual Meeting, July 30th, 2015, Chicago, IL
- Drones - Federal Laws, Regulations, and Programs Affecting Local Land Use Decision-Making, American Bar Association 2015 ABA Annual Meeting, July 30th, 2015, Chicago, IL
- Why Land Use Lawyers Care About the Law of Unmanned Systems, Zoning & Planning Law Report, Vol. 37, No. 6, June 2014.
- Unmanned Air Systems and Regulating Navigable Airspace, ALI ALBA Land Use Institute, August 2013.
- The Basics: What Land Use Lawyers Want to Know about Biofuels/Biomass, Wind; Solar; Hydropower & Hydraulic Fracturing (Fracking), September 2013.
- The Power Of Appeal: City council overturns planning commission's decision on resort, The Tribune News, May 14, 2013.
- Land Use Considerations in Siting Small Hydroelectric Projects in Oregon, September 2010.
- Federal Laws Affecting Local Land Use Decision Making, August 2010.
- Wind Power Siting Powerpoint Presentation - ALIABA Land Use Institute, San Francisco, August 2007.
- ALIABA Land Use Law Mid Year Teleconference 2007.
- Arizona Cattle Growers Association v. U.S. Bureau of Land Management
- LUBA Practice Tips - RELU Annual Meeting, 2005.
- Federal Regulation Affecting Land Use, RLUIPA Update, August 2005.